May 17, 2018
Media Contact: Mia Harnos, Chief Development & Communications Officer
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
DTE Energy and Wayne Metro Offering Utility Assistance to
Qualified Low-Income Families
In an effort to provide utility payment assistance for low-income families residing within Wayne County, DTE Energy has partnered with Wayne Metro to host a Customer Assistance Day (CAD) on Wednesday, June 6, 2018.
During the CAD event, attendees that are in need of reducing their energy-related expenses, will have the opportunity to meet with representatives that will help determine if their household is qualified to receive bill payment assistance.
Wayne Metro understands the importance of building communities that are healthy, strong and thriving. The partnership with DTE will help alleviate the struggles families face when energy costs are unaffordable, due to their low-income status.
1:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Wayne County Community College District
Taylor, MI 48180
Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment call Wayne Metro
CONNECT Center at (313) 388-9799.
Attendees must bring the following documents to apply:
• Valid Michigan State issued Picture ID for everyone 18 and older in the household with a current address matching the service location.
• Certified proof of Social Security numbers (cards, certified tax returns, DHS statements, etc.) for everyone in the household.
• All household income received for the last 60 days (MUST include intake date) including check stubs, proof of paid child support received, DHHS cash assistance award letter, pension, SSD/SSI award letters.
• Copy of your DTE Energy utility bill.
• Receipt of $75 paid to DTE Energy within 30 days of the appointment date.
About Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
Wayne Metro is the Community Action Agency serving all of Wayne County, including the City of Detroit. Our mission is guided by our belief that no one should live in poverty, Wayne Metro empowers people and communities to be strong, healthy and thriving. The agency has been serving needs of low-income individuals since 1971, delivering more than 30 integrated programs, including educational, housing, financial empowerment and basic needs services to individuals, families, and children. We maintain a low administrative rate (8%) so that $.92 of every dollar can be utilized for direct client services. With corporate headquarters in the City of Detroit, Wayne Metro maintains over 20 service hubs and sites throughout the City of Detroit and suburban Wayne County including Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Grosse Pointe, Highland Park, Hamtramck, Harper Woods, Lincoln Park, Melvindale, River Rouge, Taylor, Westland and Wyandotte.
# # #