Featured in this edition…
- Save the Date: Music by Moonlight
- Video Hub: Summer Highlights
- Congressional Floor Recognition from Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib
- Recap: Motown MasquerAid Ball 2019
- Join #TeamWayneMetro: We’re Hiring!
Wayne Metro’s Music by Moonlight event is quickly approaching — be sure to grab your tickets!
Mark your calendars on Friday, September 13th for Wayne Metro’s Music by Moonlight event! Take in the beautiful views and gaze at the stars from the top of the Daly Merritt building in Downtown Wyandotte from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. Guests will enjoy a night filled with dancing, strolling hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, live entertainment, a tin can auction, our specialty drink and more!
Tickets are on sale for $50.
Sponsorship and in-kind donation opportunities are available. All proceeds will help replenish Wayne Metro’s Save the Day Fund, which provides emergency financial support to homeless veterans, individuals and families struggling to afford basic needs such as shelter, energy and water.
Watch: Summer Highlights at Wayne Metro
Click on the links below to watch!
- Wayne Metro’s Snack Wagon
- Wayne Metro’s After School Program
- Volunteer Appreciation Brunch 2019
- Wayne Metro Teacher Feature: Shala Yancey
Congressional Floor Announcement
Click here to watch Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib’s address to Congress!
Summer 2019 was one for Wayne Metro’s history books!
For the first time, Wayne Metro was recognized on the floor of the United States Congress thanks to Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib. Representing Michigan’s 13th District, Congresswoman Tlaib read a recognition into the congressional record for our Wayne Metro 21st Century Accelerate to Great program on June 20, 2019.
We are so honored that Congresswoman Tlaib chose to highlight our work and Mission with this very special tribute! Thank you to Congresswoman Tlaib and her office for thinking of Wayne Metro.
Motown MasquerAid Ball 2019
Together we raised more than $126,000 toward Wayne Metro’s Save the Day Fund!
We want to extend a huge Thank You to all of our sponsors, donors and supporters who made Wayne Metro’s 3rd Annual Motown MasquerAid Ball an event to remember on April 5, 2019!
We did so well creating a buzz that WXYZ Channel 7 and Hour Detroit Magazine featured the event. Our Motown theme fit perfectly in the Corner Ballpark event space with all of the throwback decor, Detroit food favorites and, of course, the Dan Rafferty Band.
Our agency is growing, and we’re hiring! Recent increases in grant funding have expanded our programs, creating new career opportunities within Wayne Metro. Click the link below to visit our Careers page:
Wayne Metro in the News
- Detroit leads the nation in reverse mortgage foreclosures
- Fewer Detroit water customers at risk of shutoffs
- Kresge kick-starts collaboration to break poverty cycle
- Great Lakes Water Authority offering more than $1 million in assistance for water bills
- MSHDA awards $1.4 million in Neighborhood Enhancement Grants
- Wayne Metro to take on Head Start contract Wayne County exited last year