Do you have a passion for helping children and making a difference in their lives? Does your love for learning get you excited about teaching? Have you thought about becoming an Early Childhood Professional?
Wayne Metro’s Leap to Teach program is an amazing opportunity to learn while you Earn!
Leap to Teach, Learn and Earn Apprenticeship Program, is a paid workforce development program. The program provides real-world experience in the field of Early Childhood Education and is designed to support and develop individuals interested in attaining the nationally recognized Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
- Learn what it takes to become an Early Childhood Educational Professional
- Complete 120 hours of on-site training
- Obtain the required 480 hours of hands-on experience working with children in a center-based Wayne Metro Head Start classroom
- Learn from an experienced early childhood mentor
- Receive guidance through the credentialing process from a Workforce Development Coach
Participants will also receive a monthly stipend as well as access to supportive services and financial support to cover the cost of materials and the CDA application fee.
Additionally, participants can take advantage of the opportunity for direct placement into an entry-level Teaching Assistant position upon completion.
For more information and to apply, Click Here.