We know how much benefits mean to you. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages for eligible employees — medical, dental, vision, 401(k), etc. — plus a few perks that might surprise you.
- Competitive salaries – direct deposit or pay card available
- Legal Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Critical Illness & Accidental Insurance Coverage Options
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – allows you to set aside money, on a pre-tax basis
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Service
- Confidential counseling for personal and work problems
- Consultation and resources for legal, financial, childcare, eldercare, adoption, pet and academic concerns
- On-line information and resources
- Employee Assistance Fund (EAF) – a crisis/emergency fund for employees funded by employees
We go beyond the basics and offer additional benefits our staff truly value.
- Student Loan Pay Down
- Leadership Training
- Staff Appreciation Picnic
- Staff Holiday Party
- Casual Fridays
- All-Staff Meetings
- Internal “Blast” newsletters/emails
- Dependent Care Matched Savings
- Gym Membership Discount
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Challenges
- Employee Recognition
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Length of Service Awards
Empathy and Respect
An understanding of another employee or client’s situation, feelings or motivations and to feel or show regard or appreciation to others.
- Work with our colleagues in a consistent manner that shows respect and empathy for one another’s work, time, safety and dignity.
- Foster a workplace that promotes communication and collaboration among departments, while acknowledging individual areas of expertise.
- Provide services to clients from a strengths-based approach that values the diversity of the community, reflects an understanding of the norms and values of persons in poverty and maintains the personal dignity of each client.
Innovation and Creativity
A new or different thought process or solution that promotes positive change and contributes to the well-being of our agency, staff and clients.
- Adapt to changing environments and to use those changes as opportunities for new growth.
- Overcome limited monetary and human resources through out of the box thinking and strategizing.
- Think and act proactively, seeking and seizing opportunities for the development of personnel, programs, community and clients.
Stewardship and Accountability
Assuring that current spending programs are sustainable over time, that the well-being of staff is in the forefront.
We all acknowledge our responsibilities to the agency and our clients. Consistently doing the right thing, day in and day out, in tasks and relationship interactions to fulfill or further the mission of the organization.
- Maintain our high level of fiscal and program responsibility and integrity.
- Maximize the leadership potential of all our employees through training and mentoring.
- Promote cross-department collaboration.
Self-Determination and Empowerment
The power of making up one’s own mind without outside influence. A process that fosters power in people for use in their lives, their communities and in their society, by acting on issues they define as important.
- Provide opportunities for employees to contribute ideas and suggestions and promotes positive feedback.
- Foster a workplace that encourages the exploration of possibilities and problem solving.
- Promote self-advocacy, choice making, planning and the development of goal setting with clients.
- Provide employees with the necessary resources, tools and information to perform their jobs and increase the quality of services offered to customers.
- Build an atmosphere of mutual trust and caring to promote positive change.
- Utilize management personnel as coaches to enhance the skills of employees allowing them to more effectively empower clients.
Relevance and Adaptability
How pertinent, applicable and connected something is to a given matter. Adapt to changing environments and to use those changes as opportunities for new growth.
- Be relevant to the needs of our clients today, not a year ago.
- We will be proactive in seeking the necessary information and feedback to ensure that our delivery systems are relevant, visible and accessible to our diverse clients and communities.
- Grow our internal operations and systems to meet new and changing demands of current programming and local/state/national trends.
- Provide staff with the training and technical assistance to not only adapt to system changes but grow as professionals.
- Continue to ensure that benefits provided by Wayne Metro to its employees are relevant and surpass the industry average.